Today I want to talk about productivity method I'm starting to follow. This is the famous GTD David Allen that, as I said yesterday, is named after his book called "Getting Things Done" (Getting Things Done Effectiveness English version). At the moment I have not read very late but I started a concept that has changed my life. Allen says that we use our short-term memory to remember the things we do, whether more or less important. Buy things from bread to a job interview are stored in a part of our brain that has a limited capacity. actually works as a computer RAM , has a limited number of actions you can do at once before to respect, so when we launch full reminders of those things that we have pending. The problem is that the short-term memory we do not wonder where we remember things and what happens? that the moment you remember you can not do anything to solve it. It's like when in the shower yesterday I remembered I had some business pending urgent work, somewhat frustrated me to know that unless I wrapped in the robe and run away from home this task should wait until the afternoon.
And how do you get to empty our "RAM" to focus our energies on resolving and not remember our outstanding things? Then turning all that information in a system that fully trust and have confidence that we will review. I do not think so, but I found that if our short-term memory is convinced that we will review it remains concerned, is blank. This state is great, lets you focus on what you do without thinking about what will be done within an hour. As my mother often said "young children do not get tired because they focus 100% on what they are doing at the moment."
Now is found that system you can trust. To each there will be better one thing or another, I'll tell you what I've begun to do. In a cute little notebook that I carry around with me pointing all I can think of to do, from "find music of this group" or "my sister called to tell Sonia that gossip" to "organize a meeting of the union section ". When I have a dump all these tasks while remaining in the web application Remember The Milk . Of the many recommended Berto Pena I decided to try first is because I find it very easy. I have several lists (work, school, personal ...) and within each getting going tasks, whether to repeat in time (for example brushing my dog \u200b\u200bis something I do weekly) and if they date. I should also like to employ an estimated time, which is great because me and when I have time to those of "I'm bored, what do I do?" I can find a task according to time available. Also organize my time and "do nothing" much better. Lest I forget, look, I have the application as start page on my mobile, as a gadget in my two gmail accounts ... I kick myself a post-it on the forehead, but for now, I is working great. Keep you informed of my progress so far is a relief to have more organized life.
Happy Thursday!
0 comments:
Post a Comment